Apply today to register your interest for the Carmichael Coal mine with an estimated 5000+ mine construction jobs and a further 4000 mine jobs once in full production.
With an initial 4000 job opportunities reportedly available for the first stages of the project, Adani is getting closer to receiving the green light for its long awaited project.
To prepare, Adani is now accepting expressions of interest through iMINCO for the multiple positions that they will need to fill.
‘Adani Australia is building significant rail, port and mine infrastructure in the Galilee Basin region of Queensland. The three projects will provide over 10,000 jobs and contribute to $22 billion in taxes and royalties for investment into services,’ advises the Adani Australia website.
‘The 388 kilometre North Galilee Basin Railway and port will also provide the infrastructure for the development of other proposed mines, extending the mining boom and allowing more jobs to be generated now and into the future.’
‘The benefits will extend locally, regionally and across Queensland providing much needed job opportunities and generating around $22 billion in state mining taxes and royalties in just the first half of the project life. This will assist much needed public funding to help deliver schools, hospitals, roads and other services and stimulating activity throughout the economy.’
Adani’s official website quotes the Australian COO Samir Vora, who emphasised the importance of the native communities and the economic benefits that would be brought to the community.
“Adani’s relationship with Wangan and Jagalingou people is central to our commitment build a long term future with Queensland. Adani considers that it is critical that the Wangan and Jagalingou benefit directly from the jobs and economic benefits that the Carmichael mine will bring to Queensland. It is, and will always be, a central focus of Adani to work with the W&J to deliver this benefit to the community at every stage of our projects,” he said.
To be considered for any of the roles, iMINCO states that you must have the following experience:
- A Standard 11 mining induction for QLD coal mines
- A resume that is optimised to get past corporate resume scanners
- Black coal competencies for earth moving equipment including haul trucks
As construction increases, the website advises that more positions will become available.
- Administrative Support
- Health & Safety
- Purchasing & Logistics
- Rail & Port
Adani states that, ‘When fully developed, the Carmichael Coal Mine will be the largest coal mine in Queensland. The development of the mine and rail network will boost employment in the areas surrounding the mine.’
‘This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to switch careers or look for a fresh start in mining in Queensland. Existing workers looking to take advantage of this new project and secure employment should think about getting the right training and appropriate certification that meets the Government legislation around WH&S and the Coal Mining Safety & Health Act 1999.’
In order to provide job seekers with as much information as possible, iMINCO outlines the following project facts:
- The project has a potential mine life of 90 years.
- An investment of approximately $10 billion.
- A permanent work force of 4000 people is anticipated.
- The mine is expected to be around 45 kilometres long.
- Carmichael Mine is located on the Moray Downs cattle station (Isaac Regional Council area), about 160km north-west of Clermont, QLD.
- Mining operations are expected to be a combined of 6 open pit and underground workings.
- Each pit is expected to produce 10 million tonnes of coal a year.
- Coal destination and stockpiling at Abbott Point coal terminal near Bowen via a 185 km rail line (to be built) where it will join the the existing QR National Network; and
- Coal exports are predominantly headed for India with the first coal exports around early 2016.
Want to register your interest? Click the following link to be taken to the iMINCO website:
Don’t forget to sign up to Construction Hunter below so that you can keep up-to-date on all new job opportunities and can be headhunted by relevant companies and recruitment agencies.
Here are some other jobs you may be interested in:
1. Tower Technicians – Shutdown 2-3 Weeks Oil and Gas
2. Mechanical Trades Assistant
by Tara Dunham